The NHS and Public Health England (PHE) are extremely well prepared for outbreaks of new infectious diseases.
You can help too.
Germs can live on some surfaces for hours. To protect yourself and others:
* Always carry tissues with you and use them to catch your cough or sneeze.
* Bin the tissue, and to kill the germs, wash your hands with soap and water, or use a sanitiser gel.
* Wash your hands with soap and water regularly
* Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
* Avoid close contact with people especially those who are unwell.
* Follow and implement current Public Health England / Government advice regarding coronavirus
If you develop symptoms of cough or fever or shortness of breath, loss of taste/smell you should immediately:
- Stay indoors and avoid contact with other people as you would with the flu
This is the best way to slow the spread of almost any germs, including Coronavirus.
More information, including a list of the affected areas is available by logging onto gov.uk/coronavirus